Dos and Dont at Vaishno Devi
There is difference between a visit to Vaishno Devi temple and others as it is a complete pilgrimage to make. It is mandatory to remain aware of the do’s and doesn’t of Vaishno Devi pilgrimage especially the rules and regulations to initiate this spiritual Yatra. Getting known to such details keep troubles away. Log in to the www.maavaishnodevi.org website to learn various Vaishno Devi Yatra tips. Have a look on the Do's and Don'ts of this Yatra.
- Approach the registration counter to obtain the Yatra slip upon reaching Katra and especially while you are at trekking to enter into the temple.
- If you forget obtaining Yatra slip then it is impossible to cross beyond the Ban Ganga check post.
- Obtain Vaishno Devi Yatra Information room reservation details prior to starting Vaishno Devi Yatra by different means for which enquiry and reservation counters at Katra, Bhawan and other locations from Sanjhichhat and Adkuwari facilitate such services.
- Do confirm rates of Palanquins, Ponies and Porters in advance which is crucial for hassle free pilgrimage. The Vaishno Devi Yatra Rule strictly followed is that they shouldn’t be paid extra than genuine rates as applicable.
- Note the valuable Vaishno Devi Yatra information that facilities for drinking water, blanket and food are supplied free of cost hence it is better to leave the unnecessary items at Katra itself.
- Obtain Yatra slip to get into queue once reach Bhawan from the check post.
- Wait for the announcement of your group number to start the Darshan process.
- Wash yourself fully especially by cleaning your cloths prior to starting Darshan.
- Go to the main waiting hall to deposit coconut for which taking token is a must.
- Keep rest items in the cloakroom except cash and offerings.
- Ensure visiting Bhairon temple at the last stage as Darshans at the Holy Cave is prime.
- Don’t keep any electronic item including mobile camera, video camera and other such items in the track that are not allowed.
- Avoid vulgar dressing, luggage or gestures and talk that depict vulgarity. It is an important rule for Vaishno Devi Yatra and must be maintained strictly top maintain the holiness of this journey.
- Make sure you don’t do any sort of outing, picnic or photography during this pilgrimage which is an important rule of the tour.
- Do understand the sentiments of co-pilgrims while in the Vaishno Devi Yatra and so should you maintain thorough cooperation for best possible security.
- Avoid resting in the land slide prone areas while moving ahead till the temple premises.
- Reduce the use of plastic and make use of dustbins so should you maintain cleanliness.
- It is necessary to avoid valuables in trek, so is important keeping aloof from strangers. Do note that maintaining clean environment or strict no use of tobacco and suppressing begging are best and highly appreciable.
- The pilgrims preferring pony journey must take the old route. The new route doesn’t permit pony hence pilgrims with medical problems should rather avoid the new route.
- Chanting or spelling slogans inside the cave is strictly prohibited.
- Offering dakshina or tip to anybody especially temple employees is highly discouraged.
The Do's and Don'ts of this Yata also focuses on ensuring that the temple premises isn’t damaged anyway especially the property. Pilgrims are advised to continue movements rather than sitting at certain place to form crowd or chock the route. More details are available on www.maavaishnodevi.org website.
- Vaishno Devi Altitude Distances And Temperatures
- Facilities at Vaishno Devi
- Attractions around Vaishno Devi
- Dos and Dont at Vaishno Devi
- Vaishno Devi Bhawan
- Accommodations at Vaishno Devi
- Vaishno Devi Helicopter Services
- Vaishno Devi Shrine Board
- Route Map of Vaishno Devi
- Security Arrangements
- Clothing And Accessories
- Banks Near Vaishno Devi Mandir
- Vaishno Devi Snowfall
- Puja Information
- Puja Schedule/Aarti
- Vaishno Devi Bhajans
- Vaishno Devi Live Darshan
- Ardhkuwari Temple
- Navratri Vaishno Devi Events
- Help Desk
- Yatra Parchi Manual And Online
- Online Room Booking
- Helicopter Booking for Vaishno Devi